Friday, March 27, 2015

#ootd


Frankly, Terry and I weren't sure what to call this shoot. What was supposed to be a satirical mish-mash of random #geekgirl cultures became a poke at the whole #fashionblogger scene instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally in on this joke since I still document my outfits from time to time, but I'm definitely not what one would call a legitimate 'fashion blogger,' especially in this day and age where such a term can already be considered an actual profession. I've been disillusioned by the local ~*~fashion blogging~*~ scene since around 2013 or so, but even back in those days I never felt like I was part of that... circle, so to say. I documented my outfits, sure, so I was a personal style blogger, to an extent. But there was always a degree of exclusivity that came with that scene, to the point that I often felt a disconnect to the whole thing.







An #ootd (I cringe at how I used to actually use this hashtag, let alone hashtags in general. QUE HORROR!) would not be complete without the quintessential full body and detail shots. (And, well... okay, this was also called #ootd because this is an outfit Terry would wear any regular day -- any non-school day, to be precise, because her school's dress code has taken over her life.)


But hey, this was all done in good nature. No hard feelings, #fashionbloggers. Y'all are cool. P-P-P-PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment