Monday, February 3, 2014

2013

Annual post of feels and sap again! Or maybe just a round-up post of 2013 and just the significant life happenings of each month.

January
I think the most important anything that I can recall about this month was that I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off because of thesis. When I think of January 2013, the first thing that comes to mind is "thesis." I remember I was thisclose to dropping, and when I reflect on that again, the prospect is just terrifying.

February
Definitely, most definitely, the most significant thing that happened in this month was The Defense. It's been practically a year since then and I still vividly remember the entire day, from the car ride to school, to sitting on my luggage waiting for my dad to pick me up after everything. To this day I still wonder how I managed to finish my thesis and pass with flying colors. (loljk i totes just lucked out on my jury)

March
Obviously the highlight of March was graduation. Goodbye schooling life. Nearly a year later, I am finally openly saying: I miss school. I really, really miss my blockmates.

April
Actually, I think the most important thing about April is that it was the month when I started my diet. Said diet is practically nonexistent now...........................................

May
In May I went back to Hong Kong and also spent my birthday there. It was really great because prior to this trip, I couldn't enjoy Hong Kong to the full extent because I was still caught up with #THESISIT, so when I went back it was just a whole new experience again. Also, my first trip to Macau!

June
B.A.P LOE HK NEED I SAY MORE????!!!?!?

July
After years of friendship, Camille and I finally got to push through with a shoot, featuring Ana!

August
Ah, August. Emotional August. I made a very important and personal decision that month, and it has since then induced some change in my life. I am horrible at letting go of things, but abusive emotional baggage is something that really needs to be flushed out eventually.

September
September was the one month I couldn't produce a vlog for because LOL DENGUE LOL!!!!

October
I think it is worth awarding the Batangas trip with some favorite people as the Most Significant Life Happening for the Month of October. Years in the making, ebribadi.

November
THAT TIME I GOT TWITTER JAILED BECAUSE OF MY TWEET SPAM WHEN I LIVE-TWEETED ALL MY FEELS DURING MAMA 2013 LMAO

December
My favorite part of December 2013 was definitely getting to experience the freezing weather in Hong Kong. That's just something I may never experience back here, so I really embraced the cold no matter how much my head hurt or how runny my nose got.

Overall, I'd like to think of 2013 as a sort of 'me' year. I wouldn't really call it 'my' year, but more so in the sense that there was a lot of self-reflection and self-pampering this year. After overcoming the major road block (a.k.a. thesisschoolgraduation), I did a lot of traveling. Prior to this, traveling was a luxury I couldn't really afford.

I also had to rid myself of thorns that placed some deep-seated wounds over the years. It was a long time coming, but it had to be done. There are still scars in the process of healing, but I've chosen to surround myself with the best people possible to get me through the day.

I'm also really proud of myself for actually completing my monthly vlogs! September was totally an excusable absence because of my sickness at the time, and while I hardly ever posted on time, I'm really glad I continued to make these videos and so and so. When I first began that little project, I wasn't sure if I'd even hold out until the end of the year, but look now! I'm the type of person who has this tendency to leave things unfinished (I'm working on that), so for me to actually push through to the finish line and repeat the cycle is already a feat in itself.

While it's already February and I am still late with blogging endeavors, 2014 so far started on a steady note. I'll keep my resolutions to myself for now, but I really hope I follow through with them until the end of the year. (Secretly I have already deviated from some of them. Woe is I.)

I hope 2013 was a good year for you, and if it wasn't, there's still 11 months left to make 2014 a magical one. As the Koreans say it, "Hwaiting!"

did i just make insert a korean word of encouragement in my 2013 dramu post oh gods somebody stop me

No comments:

Post a Comment