Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Akahome + FOTD

Hello! I will blog about my relatively new hair because I like keeping a record of my hair transitions on the internet.


Blue hair! I actually had this pot of dye set aside when I went pink and pretty much had it planned for this month. To be honest I was actually a little on the fence with the pink because it looked horrible with my roots. The dark roots just looked a lot less awful with the blonde I had, so when I transitioned to pink I was like, "OH COOL but uhm BUT HEY IT'S COOL but uhm........." With this blue though my roots sort of transition seamlessly. It's great. What's not great is how much this blue stains. It stains so much that I've been wearing a lot of dark colors lately, but it's natsu bad.

One of my friends said that it's Akane Tendo (Ranma 1/2) hair, which I think is pretty spot on, not just with the shade but also with the cut (Akane has short hair too but not really as similar as what I have.) Another friend called it Tamahome (Fushigi Yuugi) hair WHICH WAS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER AND IT WAS PERFECT. Therefore, Akane + Tamahome = Akahome.


I've been really liking colored cut-crease looks lately, although for this look I did blend it out a little bit. A little unrelated to this look, but I once tried matching my brow color to my hair color and it didn't work out because I didn't have the right shade of blue. Also, I've seen the beginnings of how this blue will transition out, and I'm excited. With the pink it went from a bright pink, to a normal pink (normal???), then peach, then blonde peach, until the pink was practically gone and I was a warm-toned blonde. But anyway, this blue is awesome. Mostly because I don't hafta deal with my stupid roots being so prominent anymore. Thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment