Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Internationally Legal

So five days ago, I officially became internationally legal. Some time in those five days, I dyed my hair pink.


It was a little spontaneous, to be honest. I stumbled upon Manic Panic sellers in Hong Kong, the price was cheaper, I figured I should make the most of my still-blonde hair while I'm still unemployed and not bound by work on what my appearance should be (of course, that depends on where I end up working, but you know.) I've known about Manic Panic since my high school days (thanks to a certain LiveJournal hair community hohoho) but never tried them out because of, duh, SCHOOL. Even in college I wasn't permitted to have bright hair. Oh what years of creative oppression can do to you LOLJK

Talking makeup, I used one of the Maybelline Color Tattoos I mentioned here as a base and placed a similar, if not slightly lighter, shimmery shadow over it. Then I used a shimmery taupe shade in my crease and just did the usual liner routine. On the lips I have a mix of the blue and pink Pout Paints from Sleek Cosmetics.


This is the loudest my hair color has been, at least to me. When my hair was red it was pretty saturated, although I never realized just how red it became until it was gone because it was the kind of color that would only really show up under the light. This pink hair is independent from whatever lighting there is, but of course, that comes with bleached hair. The blue hair I had was pretty opaque too, but I always had to hide that in school so it wasn't like I could prance around in it as much as I'd like.


Pink was always one of the colors I've wanted for hair. I've already said that all of my dream hair colors are pastels (mint green, powder blue, lavender, etc.) and while this hair dye's name is "Cotton Candy Pink", it's not as light as I'd like it to be because my hair was light enough to begin with. Not that I could be bothered to bleach again anyway, but hey, at least I can say my hair went pink already! That's like two dream colors off the bucket list (I only wish my ash color stayed longer), and next year I wanna go for a really vibrant, light blue.


This is what my hair went through, basically. I really liked the pink at first but I feel like it makes my dark roots more prominent. So maybe I miss my blonde hair? Or maybe my roots looked less like a wreck with my blonde hair is why I think I might miss it. This pink hair is really enjoyable though, and I'm interested in seeing how it'll transition out.


As for my birthday, my parents and I spent it at the mall and watching Fast & Furious 6. At least now I can say I turned a year older AND saw a movie at the cinemas in another country. It's a little crazy how I'm considered an ~*~adult~*~ everywhere now, and lately I find myself looking back on my life. Mostly schooling life, grade school included. When I look back on it, I've come to realize that I do NOT want to go back there again because it's just awkward and tiring to have to deal with all those emotions and angst and friendlessness and shyness. I am verrily nostalgic, but I like where I am now. I only hope I manage to improve myself in the years to come without completely losing myself to ~*~wisdom~*~ and becoming a drag.

I might be an adult now, but I feel like I'll always see myself as a kid. Or maybe it's just my short stature talking.

2 comments: